I love me some holiday decorating. And I love sparkly things. So I decided to combine the two!
I found THIS adorable free printable on Craftily Ever After and knew I had to use it in my Halloween decorating!
Here's part of my Halloween display:
Here's another looksy:
Here's what I did:
- 5x7 picture frame (you could do an 8x10 frame and do a matte w/ some fun Halloween paper)
- 5x7 printout of the free printable
- Mod Podge & brush
- Glitter (in color of your choice)
- Clear spray paint
1) I downloaded the printable to Walmart.com and picked it up the next day at the 1-Hour counter at my local Walmart.
2) I bought a $3.00 frame from Walmart. I got one that was solid wood.
3) I removed the glass and Mod Podged the entire frame w/ a foam brush.
4) Next, I sprinkled glitter all over the entire frame. Do it RIGHT after you put the Mod Podge on, before it dries. We want the glitter to stick to the Mod Podge so it will stick to the frame! (When you're done with this step, you can put all the loose glitter back into your glitter container!)
5) I wanted to try something new . . . I decided to spray a clear finish on top of the glitter, in hopes that it would help the glitter to stay on better. I used Krylon Crystal Clear Gloss.
And there you go! That's how to get a fun, sparkly picture frame!
I actually wanted to do it in black but I couldn't find black glitter. I live in a small town and the only places I have to get craft supplies are Walmart and Joann's (I know, I'm totally deprived!). Neither had black glitter! It's okay, though, I think it turned out GREAT with the silver glitter!
I am linking up with: