Oct 22, 2010

Glitter Frame


I love me some holiday decorating.  And I love sparkly things.  So I decided to combine the two!

I found THIS adorable free printable on Craftily Ever After and knew I had to use it in my Halloween decorating!


Here's part of my Halloween display:



Here's another looksy:



Here's what I did:

Supplies:

- 5x7 picture frame (you could do an 8x10 frame and do a matte w/ some fun Halloween paper)
- 5x7 printout of the free printable
- Mod Podge & brush
- Glitter (in color of your choice)
- Clear spray paint


1) I downloaded the printable to Walmart.com and picked it up the next day at the 1-Hour counter at my local Walmart.

2) I bought a $3.00 frame from Walmart.  I got one that was solid wood.


3) I removed the glass and Mod Podged the entire frame w/ a foam brush.


4)  Next, I sprinkled glitter all over the entire frame.  Do it RIGHT after you put the Mod Podge on, before it dries.  We want the glitter to stick to the Mod Podge so it will stick to the frame! (When you're done with this step, you can put all the loose glitter back into your glitter container!)


5)  I wanted to try something new . . . I decided to spray a clear finish on top of the glitter, in hopes that it would help the glitter to stay on better.  I used Krylon Crystal Clear Gloss.


And there you go!  That's how to get a fun, sparkly picture frame!  

I actually wanted to do it in black but I couldn't find black glitter.  I live in a small town and the only places I have to get craft supplies are Walmart and Joann's (I know, I'm totally deprived!).  Neither had black glitter!  It's okay, though, I think it turned out GREAT with the silver glitter!


I am linking up with:

Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

7 Nuggets of Love:

The Yoder's Five said...

I haven't even decorated my house for Halloween yet. I am usually so excited for this holiday, but I've been SO busy!

I'll have to keep tabs on this new blog of yours. I love crafty things! :) And I love glitter, too. That frame is so cute!

Jessica said...

Looks great! I love glitter too! :)

Sandy Ang said...

I haven't tried glitter yet - you make it look like so much fun !

Debra said...

That is so cute!! I love the look of glitter but it seems that it ends up everywhere when I use it. But your look is totally worth it! Love your whole Halloween display.

Unknown said...

I LOVE the frame....so pretty and blingy! Following your blog. :)
Lisa
http://mamalousgems.blogspot.com/

Elena @ La Petite Vie said...

Love anything with glitter! What a fun idea!

Unknown said...

Hi, I have a question. So did the clear gloss help, for the glitter to not get all over the place?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...