Apr 15, 2011

Better Than Rice Krispy Treats - Peanut Butter Style


These treats were a wonderful mistake!!!
I was making Rice Krispy Treats and decided to use a little peanut butter.  'Cuz at my house, treats are just better with a little PB.
I reached into my pantry for the Rice Krispies and they were almost gone.  What to do, what to do.
Not to worry, I had a whole box of Corn Chex.
I used those instead and, let me tell you, these treats did not disappoint!

So here's the recipe . . . I know you're dying to make some right. now.

{Better Than Rice Krispy Treats}

1 stick butter
3/4 c peanut butter {I didn't say these were healthy . . .}
1 bag marshmallows
5 or 6 cups Corn Chex
1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted

I always make my Rice Krispy Treats on the stove.  But if you do yours in the microwave, that's cool, too.  We can still be friends :)
Melt your butter and peanut butter over medium heat.  Add your marshmallows and melt those all the way, too.  No lumps, please.


Remove from heat and add your Corn Chex.  I didn't measure mine, but if you go for 5 or 6 cups, that will maybe be enough, depending on how gooey you want them.  If you want a little more, just pour a little more!  Really, these are hard to mess up.

Then, in a greased jelly roll pan, pour your mixture and press into the pan.  Mine didn't fill the whole pan, which means yours probably won't either.  That's okay.  Promise.

{TIP}:  Get your hands wet, then press it into the pan.  It totally works!  I do this with Rice Krispy Treats, too.  The marshmallowy stuff won't stick to your hands and you can press to your little heart's content.

You will now have this deliciousness:


Now you can add the melted chocolate chips.  Just melt in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until all the chocolate chips are melted.  Drizzle with a spoon over the entire pan of gooey goodness, er, cereal mixture. 

Just like Rice Krispy Treats, let the mixture cool before cutting.

And yummy-yum-yum, you have yourself a super delicious treat!!!
But beware, I'm pretty sure you will eat four more than one, like me.





Just thought I'd let you drool over a few more pictures.

Now what are you waiting for?
Go make some for yourself!



Here's where I'm linking up:

21 Nuggets of Love:

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

ahhhh so much fun! PB and chex are two of my favorite snacky thigngs! =)

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

The Yoder's Five said...

MMMMM!!!

Unknown said...

You have such tasty looking treats! Looks like a delicious mistake, indeed :)

Supermom said...

yummy michelle!

Anonymous said...

OMG - this is a heart attack waiting to happen and I will be the first to volunteer!! I will definitely be making these in the very near future!! Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday.

Natalie said...

Dang, the cooking disaster fairy must love you! That sounds so good! I agree, everything is better with peanut butter!

Jodi said...

These look yummy! What a great way to improvise, I would have never thought of adding the cereal! I will have to write this down and try it!

Jodi

Cindy said...

These have got to be wonderful. Great ingredients--great food.

Elizabeth said...

Great tip on using wet hands to press it into the pan! I will have to try that!

Dawn said...

these sound delicious-i'm not a big rice krispie treat fan so they sound great too me-love chocolate and peanutbutter!

DRAGONFLY9012 said...

Looks so Yummy!!:) Stopping by from the blog hop!! Looking forward to following your blog!!:)

Mel Creates Often said...

Thanks for linking this post to Fancy Friday! Looks yummy!

Ruth H. said...

Those look tasty! I'd like to come over and try one right now. The chocolate drizzle over the crispy peanut butter part has to totally make that treat.

Anna@Directions Not Included said...

Yum! This is going to add a few pounds but I'm sure it will be worth it!

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

Oh my, those look DELICIOUS! I definitely need to make some. I thank you for the recipe (my thighs do not).

Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

WOW, Everything is better with Peanute Butter and (using Corn Chex Mix) these would be Gluten-Free for my daughter! (I will just have to try this recipe!) Thanks!

Myself and 2 other great bloggers are hosting THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS and the theme this week is "EASTER COOKIES & TREATS" and I think this is a great recipe for that! We would love for you to stop on by and link up your recipe if you wish! Hope to see you there!!! :-)

http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/04/this-weeks-cravings-linky-party-25.html

Anne said...

Sounds yummy!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Oh my! Imagine that -- I HAVE all of those ingredients in my cupboard RIGHT now!!! Yeah!

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves said...

These look and sound delicious!

Jami said...

Those look amazing!!! I'm going to add them to my To Do List tomorrow! Feel free to stop by and grab a button tomorrow!
Smiles!
Jami

Britany said...

I LOVE these! Thanks for visiting me today from I Heart Naptime! I really apreciate it! I am totally gonna make these...maybe even RIGHT NOW! They look delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...