Jan 25, 2011

{Love Birds}



Have you ever noticed that for five months,
we are all on a sugar high?  From October to February, we have holiday after holiday, which means yummy food and yummy treats.
Which also means that we are likely to gain a few pounds.

And I admit that I did this holiday season. 
It was only three pounds, but it's three more pounds than I want!
I've lost two and I'm in the process of losing that last pound.  Hopefully by next week it will be gone!

How am I doing it?
I'm counting calories {I've cut out unnecessary snacks and replaced them with fruits and veggies} and cutting out sugar.  Not totally cutting it out {I'm one of those that can't feel deprived or else I relapse :) }, but I'm trying to be a lot more conscious about what I put in my body.


Enough of my ramblings.
On with the crafts!
I found these cute birds on my Storybook Cricut cartridge and thought they would be perfect for a fun Valentine project!

I also used the Storybook Cricut cartridge for the "LOVE" font.
I used the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge for the "birds" font.
And I glued them on my birdcage paper with a glue stick.

I love myself a little bling, 
so I couldn't resist adding some to this project :)

To give it a little more dimension,
I raised the birds with those sticky foam strips (hmm, not sure what they're called).
I also inked the edges of the birds and the heart w/ my ink pad.


And this project was free since I had everything on hand!
That's the kind of project I really like :)



What kinds of things do you do to decorate for Valentine's Day?

9 Nuggets of Love:

Unknown said...

That is the cutest Valentines art I've seen! Hmmm, I really want a cricut. I love all the things it can do!

The Yoder's Five said...

Love those birds!! I hate to admit that I don't have ANY Valentine's decor, which is a shame because it's one of my favorite holidays. I really need to make something.....

Cassie said...

What a fantastic project!! LOVE it!!
I would love it if you linked to our Valentine Party! http://paperissues.blogspot.com/2011/01/valentines-day-party.html

Kelsey@RedefiningDomestic said...

Love love love this! I love the paper in the background!

Erin @ Crafts and Sutch said...

I showed you off over at <a href="http://craftsandsutch.blogspot.com/2011/02/sutch-inspiration.html>Crafts & Sutch</a> today! I hope you'll come by, take a peek, and grab a SUTCH an Inspiration button to add to your collection.

Have a wonderful day!
Erin

The Treasurista said...

So Cute! Would love for you to add to my Thursday Treasure Party:

http://thetreasurista.blogspot.com/p/treasuristas-thursday-treasures-come.html

Ruth Scovill said...

I wonder if those five months of sugar high correlate with the winter months for a reason!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this!! Precious! I am actually going to feature it on my Handmade Features, so go grab a button if you would like :) Thanks so much for linking up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings!

Sabr said...

This is a gorgeous print!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...