Dec 20, 2011

The best granola . . . ever!

So, you might think that this post will have a recipe for the best granola . . . ever.  But I'm actually on the search for the best homemade granola recipe!  I've never actually made granola (until today) but I LOVE it - it's my cereal of choice.  But it's so expensive and some of the ones at the store aren't that tasty.  Which is why I am on the search for the best homemade recipe!

I started with my first recipe today.  You can see the recipes I'm trying on my Pinterest board, On the search for the best granola recipe . . .

Today, I'm starting with this crunchy granola recipe (made with less oil, which is why I picked it), found over at Family Fun.  I'll let you know what I think!  It's in the oven baking as we speak.

I tweaked it a little, using milled flaxseed instead of wheat germ, adding some coconut, replacing the sesame seeds with sunflower seeds and using almonds and cashews for the nuts.  And since I want it a little chewy, I may only bake it for 30 minutes instead of 40.

If you have a favorite granola recipe, please share!!!  I'd love to add it to my Pinterest board.

I hope you are all having fun, baking away and spending time with your families.  I truly love this time of the year!

2 Nuggets of Love:

The Yoder's Five said...

YUM! I know I pinned a recipe for granola recently. I'll have to get it to you!

Unknown said...

Pinned your site while I'm was searching for Etched Glass, thanks for the resource and reading.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...