Mar 1, 2011

Purse Embellishment

I love going to big cities - it means buying super cute purses at super cheap prices!
My sister got me this purse in NYC in January for $20:


Cute, right?
I love the color.  Mustard! 
{All of my purses are black, I swear}


But I felt like it needed a little somethin' - somethin'.
I found the perfect fabric in the dollar bins at Walmart!  I made rolled fabric flowers with it and tried to hot-glue them onto the purse.  But they fell right off after a day or two.


I knew I had to get serious.  I needed to sew those bad boys on.


What I ended up doing was cutting a piece of felt in the shape of the flowers:



I sewed the felt onto the purse by hand:


And hot-glued the flowers onto the sewed-on felt {the flowers were glued together on a different piece of felt}:


Worked like a charm!  They haven't fallen off yet :)


I love my new embellished purse!

Not only is it mustard {such a fun color!}, but the flowers make it unique and one-of-a-kind.  I also used this fabric for the rosettes on my Kindle cover.

My sister actually gave me the purse for watching her kids while she was in NYC, I had the felt on-had and the fabric cost me less than a dollar.
Thrifty project fo sho!

PS - don't forget to enter my GIVEAWAY!!!

5 Nuggets of Love:

Life, Crafts and Whatever said...

Yowzas chick, that's gorgeous! And it totally looks like it's part of the purse. Love the fabric!

Unknown said...

Nice work, Miss Crafty Pants! I love the purse & especially the flowers!

The Yoder's Five said...

I'm seeing rolled fabric flowers everywhere and love them! Can you do a tutorial pleeeaaasssee? I love the color of your purse, too. Mark would choke if I brought home something that bright, hahahahaha! He can't handle that much sass!

PS. Smokin' manicure, btw.

Natalie said...

Oh my heck...my comment is right under Melissa's who is my cousin!!! What a small world. So funny! LOOOOOVE the purse! Seriously. I'm kind of obsessed with mustard right now. (Not the hot dog kind of mustard...the color.) And I'm so happy to be new blog BFFs! :)

Mrs Bishop said...

cute! I love making fabric rosettes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...