Aug 24, 2011

Peach Cobbler Cupcakes

I thought I'd share the recipe I used on my guest post last week! 

When I was asked to come up with a recipe for Cupcake Month over at Snips and Spice, a few combinations came to mind.  But I decided to go with Peach Cobbler Cupcakes.  Yummy! 



Wanna make some for yourself?  Here's what you'll need:

Cake Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix, prepared according to directions on box
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup applesauce
1 15 oz can of sliced peaches, plus some of the syrup
Butter

Fresh Peach Frosting Ingredients:
1/3 to 1/2 cup peach puree {puree of 1 peach}
1 stick butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
4 to 5 cups powdered sugar

Let's start with the cupcake batter.  Follow the directions on the back of your cake mix box.  The one I had called for 1 and 1/4 cups of water.  I used 1 cup of water and 1/4 cup of the syrup from the can of peaches.  Just to add a little more peachiness.  Add 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 cup applesauce.  You may also want to do the "high altitude" directions on the back of the box so the cupcakes aren't too fluffy after they are baked - the applesauce can do that.  But it makes them oh so moist and delicious!

Divide your batter into your cupcake wrappers.  Cut your sliced peaches in half and add two to three pieces per cupcake, like so:

Then, add a little pat of butter to each cupcake - we are going for the real peach cobbler taste here, folks!  No messing around :)

Now you are ready to bake these bad boys!  Bake them according to your cake mix box.  Let them cool.

While they are cooling, you can make the frosting.  I took one peach and pureed it in my magic bullet.  If you don't have a nifty magic bullet, a good old blender will do the trick, too.  I didn't measure it, but it made 1/2 cup of puree.  Mix your butter and peach puree together.  Add the vanilla.  Mix well.  Time to add the powdered sugar.  The amount is going to depend on the consistency you want and how much puree your peach made.  Add a cup at a time and stir just until blended.  If you feel like you want your frosting a little thicker, add a little more (I do it 1/2 cup at a time and I like mine a little thicker).  Let me tell you, this frosting is heaven.

If you don't have an official frosting decorating bag, you can do what I do - use a sandwich baggie!  Fill the baggie half-way with frosting and then cut one of the corners.  Then you can squeeze it right onto the cupcake and make it look nice and pretty :)


These were de-lish!
I even ate one with some whipped cream on top.  Tasted just like peach cobbler!


Hope you're all having a great week!

Wanna see where I link up?  Check out my sidebar --->

14 Nuggets of Love:

BeautifulDees said...

Oh yum...I would have never thought you could make peach cobbler cupcake's...how very smart, they look devine.
Love,Debbie:)

Meggan said...

Looks sooo good!! I love peach cobbler and I love cupcakes so this is a perfect marriage! xo

Natalie said...

Holy cow, those look so good! I really need to go get some peaches.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Those look so yummy!!

I featured them on my TT&J facebook page :)

xoox
Jen

I {heart} Nap Time said...

mmm these look tasty! great pics too! xoxo

Jennybean said...

Thank you so much for sharing this recipe! I can't wait to try it, I love peach cobbler and I have a son who's allergic to eggs.. so hard to get a decent egg-free cupcake!

Laura said...

These look amazing!! I'm going to pin it to my pinterest recipe board right now!

The Yoder's Five said...

OK, that frosting sounds SO GOOD. I wish I had the ingredients right now!!

Madison said...

Just visiting from the Craft Catwalk link-up. What a lovely blog you have here! And these cupcakes look sooo delicious! The recipe is so much simpler than I thought it would be. Yay for boxed cake mix! :) Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer Dawn said...

Just "pinned" these on Pinterest. They look amazing!

Jennifer said...

Yes these MUST be pinned for future reference!! My dad has a peach tree and sometimes we have peaches running out our ears!!
Thanks for linking up to Southern Lovely's Show & Share!! We hope to see you tomorrow!! :)

Rhonda said...

I was just needing some clarification. If you are following the recipe on the box, are you supposed to use the oil and eggs that they list or just the water and the applesauce takes the place of the oil and eggs? Thanks!

stilllifepix said...

I'm also needing clarification: do you make them completely according to box by using eggs and oil or just use the water and applesauce??

Michelle said...

Make according to the box and add the other stuff :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...