Aug 30, 2011

Fresh Berry Cheesecake Trifle!

 
Yes, you read that right.
I am sharing my Fresh Berry Cheesecake Trifle recipe with you today!

Who doesn't love a good trifle?
And since grilling and BBQ season is almost over, I thought I better share this recipe before it's too late.  Fall is right around the corner.  Craziness!
 
 
You can make this and take it to your next neighborhood BBQ!  Not only does it taste delish, it's pretty and colorful, too!


 
Here's what you'll need:

Fresh Berry Cheesecake Trifle

1 Angel's Food Cake or Sponge Cake (already made)
1 large box Jello Pudding, Cheesecake flavor
1 Pint whipping cream
1-2 tsp granulated sugar
1 pint strawberries
1 pint blueberries
3-4 kiwis

Let's start with the pudding.  Mix it according to directions on box and let it set up.  FYI - I bought the sugar-free kind, which was still super delicious but cut back on my sugar intake.

While the pudding is setting up, you can cube the cake into bite-size squares, like so:

Whip your cream and add some sugar to sweeten it up.  Start with 1 tsp and go from there.  Make it as sweet as you want!

Make sure your kiwis and strawberries are cut up into bite-sized pieces and your blueberries are rinsed.  Mix them all together in a bowl.  


You're ready to start layering!

Start with the pudding.  Put a generous amount on the bottom.  Then add a layer of the cake, a layer of whipped cream and a layer of the fruit.  Repeat until all of your supplies are depleted :)  It should fill a regular sized trifle dish.  Top off with some canned whipped cream to make it pretty if you want :)  I took some pics before the whipped cream was added to the top and some after.  Just in case you were wondering . . .




This was such a delicious, refreshing treat on a hot, summer day!  Go ahead, make it for yourself.  You won't be disappointed!


Check my sidebar to see where I link up -->

3 Nuggets of Love:

The Yoder's Five said...

Are you kidding me?! That sounds SOO GOOD!!! I want to be invited to your next BBQ! :)

Maria said...

Ok, this was WAY easier than I thought, and looks delicious! How do you come up with these???

Natalie said...

DANG YOU! You did it AGAIN! Okay. I am holding you 99.9% responsible for ruining my diet. I will take full credit for the last .1%.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...