Sep 8, 2011

Cheesecake Brownies

I have another delicious recipe to share with you today!


Don't worry all you crafters, I have some projects coming up.  I just didn't have a lot of time to devote to my craftiness over the summer.  I've been busy having fun and doing summery stuff with my kiddos.  But now that school is in session, I feel my crafty bug biting at me . . . 

But today we're talking brownies.  And not just any brownies.  Cheesecake brownies.  Holy moley, were these good!

Here's how you make them.



Cheesecake Brownies

Brownies:
Your favorite brownie recipe

Cheesecake Frosting:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp butter, softened
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla
3-4 cups powdered sugar


For the brownie part, I used my favorite {homemade} brownie recipe.  The recipe calls for butter, but I substituted half of the butter with cream cheese.  If you are using a boxed brownie mix, don't worry about this part.

While my brownies were cooling, I made the cheesecake frosting.  The frosting is what makes these brownies!!!  Mix the cream cheese and the butter together until smooth.  Add the vanilla and almond extract.  The almond extract is what sets this apart from regular cream cheese frosting and gives it more of a cheesecake flavor - yummy!  Mix well.  Add your powdered sugar, one cup at a time, mixing before you add the next cup.  Add until you have your desired consistency.  I made my frosting pretty gooey.


Now go ahead and smooth the frosting over your brownies.  After you've snuck a taste or two.


At this point, you, of course, will taste your cheesecake brownies.  But be careful - you may or may not be able to stop at just one.  Just sayin'.


If you like cheesecake treats, you'll love these Cheesecake Brownies!!!  They went fast at my house.  I really need to make another batch, pronto!



Hope you all have a great weekend!
I'm still trying to recover from last weekend - we went to Sedona, AZ for Labor Day.  We had so much fun!  But getting back to real life is always hard after a fun vacation . . .


Wanna know where I link up?  Check out my sidebar --->

4 Nuggets of Love:

The Yoder's Five said...

I love cream cheese frosting. Never thought to put it on brownies! Mmm!!!

Anne-Marie said...

Those look so dang good. I am drooling.

Natalie said...

Oh mercy...two of my most FAVORITE things...brownies and cheesecake! I hit the jackpot! Hahahah! I've missed you! I couldn't figure out why your posts weren't showing up in my blog feed, so I just came straight to your blog to see why you were missing. For some reason my computer didn't think I was following your blog anymore! Talk about sad! So...I am your newest follower...AGAIN! And so happy to see you're still going strong! Now...I have some catching up to do! Hahaha!

Love Nat from NatSprat. :)

Lady Behind The Curtain said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You're recipe is being featured today on "Feature Friday" at LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN Please stop by and grab your Feature Friday button!
http://ladybehindthecurtain.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...