Jun 28, 2011

Girl's Camp Fun!

Last week, I was at Girl's Camp for my church.

Don't know what I'm talking about?  You can read about it HERE.
I'm the Young Women's President in my ward (again, have no idea what I'm talking about?  You can learn more HERE or HERE) so I had the pleasure of attending Girl's Camp this year!

The theme of Girl's Camp was "Happily Ever After" based on a talk by President Uchtdorf (you can read the talk HERE - it is awesome).  It made for such a fun Girl's Camp!  It had a sort of princess/fairytale feel.

I made some tags for the girls so they knew where they were going to sleep - we had cabins that we stayed in and wanted to assign the sleeping arrangements so nobody was left out.  I made these fun tags in Photoshop, printed them on cardstock and wrote each girl's name on them:



I gave a class during "Charm School" on the part of the talk where President Uchtdorf talks about "Maps".  I made this handout in Photoshop to go with it:

 
I made them so I could print off two per page.

Girl's Camp was such a blast and such a testimony building experience.  The young women loved it, too.

The last day, we went repelling!  It was the first time I had ever done it and I'm so glad I did it.  I felt so brave.

Getting all hooked up and ready

Going over the edge - the cliff was about 80 feet high, by the way

I'm freaking out a little at this point . . .

Let me know if you have any questions about what we did at Girl's Camp with this theme.  I would love to share the fun things we did!

If you're wondering where I link up, it's on my sidebar!  -->

4 Nuggets of Love:

brooke and chad coon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brooke and chad coon said...

You are so cute! You're the perfect person for young women. I'm so glad you got pictures of yourself repelling... that looks totally freaky. Way to go Michelle! Looks like you made camp so much fun :)

The Yoder's Five said...

80 feet.........yikes. Also yikes on being YW president!! You have been BUSY, girl!! Thank goodness camp is over for another year, eh? :)

jennifer6 said...

Thank you for your crown tags- I just got called as the Camp Director for our Ward in Grantsville UT. I am in love with this theme!! Is there any help with printouts, ideas, games, certifications, decorations, etc. to help me in my first year to make this the best testimony builder experience possible!! Thanks, Jennifer Critchlow

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...