Oct 24, 2010

Peanut Buttery Brownies

If you know me well, you know that I heart peanut butter

I mean I really, really love it.

And, of course, I have a child allergic to it.  So I have to get my PB fix at night after she goes to bed.

'Cuz I really can't live without it!


So today I bring you an easy but delicious recipe - my Peanut Buttery Brownies!

 Don't they look good?!


Here's the recipe:


What you need:

- Brownie mix (any brand will do, just use your favorite)
- Baking chocolate or chocolate chips
- Peanut butter
- Butter
- Powdered sugar


I started off by making the brownies according to the package.  I happened to have a Kroger brownie mix on hand (I have to have a brownie mix on hand at all times because my husband loves brownies!  Sometimes I make them from scratch, but most of the time I use a mix).  

I wanted to add a little something extra and saw that I had a bar of Ghirardelli baking chocolate on hand.  Perfect!  
{Or you could use chocolate chips - one to two cups.  The more you use, the more chocolatey it will be!}


I chopped the baking chocolate into small squares {I used the whole bar} and added them to my brownie mix before I put the brownie mix into my 9x13 pan.  Bake the brownies according to package.
To make the peanut butter layer, mix:
1 cup peanut butter
2 Tbsp butter
2 cups powdered sugar
4 Tbsp milk
Cream the peanut butter and butter.  Add the powdered sugar and milk.  If the mixture seems too stiff, don't be afraid to add a little more milk, a tablespoon at a time.  I put in about 3 tablespoons milk and should have put just a little more, which is why for the recipe I put 4 tablespoons.  You don't want it runny, but you want it soft enough to spread on the brownies - just a little thicker than frosting would be.

After the brownies are cooked and cooled, add the peanut butter mixture.  Just spread it all over the brownies.



Cut 'em up and eat 'em!
But, make sure you have a tall glass of milk to go along with your brownies 'cuz these babies are rich!  And oh so delicious!



I'm linking up with:




2 Nuggets of Love:

Suzanne said...

Hmmm. You may have single-handedly undermined my diet with these. They look fabulous! ;o)

Mary said...

They look divine & of I remember correctly, they are divine. I'm pretty sure you've made them before with us over. I will be making them soon! Thanks for the recipe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...